Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
If your home or business suffers from a water loss, a leak, or even excess humidity, mold can begin to grow and spread throughout your property in as little as 48 hours. Mold can cause health effects to you and others on your property due to the irritants and allergens that mold produces. Keep the people on your property safe by giving SERVPRO of West Knoxville a call for your mold removal and remediation needs today. Our team has the experience, expertise, and equipment necessary to clean up and restore your property back to pre-mold damage conditions.
Down below you will find a list of Do's and Don'ts to consider after suffering from mold damage.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (865) 690-9658
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of West Knoxville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of West Knoxville has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Rocky Hill
- Hardin Valley
- Blue Grass
- Westmoreland Heights
- Northshore Town Center
- Deane Hill